Labels

Bread (7) Buns (1) Cheese (1) Christmas (7) Comfort (8) Cookies (7) Crock Pot (1) Dessert (13) Easy (13) Entrees (4) Fast (9) Fruit (7) Healthy (3) Italian (4) Muffins (4) Not-so-healthy (8) Pastry (2) Pub food (1) Pumpkin (2) Savoury (1) Scones (2) Slow Cooker (1) Soup (3)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Eggnog-Raspberry Muffins



These muffins are taken from inspiredbycharm.com and are a nice light, sweet muffin. I really like that the eggnog does not overpower the muffin. I didn't have cranberries so I picked the next most tart berry I had in my freezer - raspberries.  The original recipe is posted with beautiful pictures so please go there and admire Michael's skills.


Dry ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup eggnog
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup fresh (or frozen if you're like me and that's all you have) berries

Mix wet ingredients briefly into the dry ones and spoon into a muffin tin (lined or greased). I prefer to make 10 larger muffins and they rise quite well.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (toothpick test).  I baked my larger ones for more like 26 minutes.

Optional crumb topping (that I'm usually too lazy to bother with - the muffins are good enough):

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 5 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces or grated

No comments:

Post a Comment