Labels

Bread (7) Buns (1) Cheese (1) Christmas (7) Comfort (8) Cookies (7) Crock Pot (1) Dessert (13) Easy (13) Entrees (4) Fast (9) Fruit (7) Healthy (3) Italian (4) Muffins (4) Not-so-healthy (8) Pastry (2) Pub food (1) Pumpkin (2) Savoury (1) Scones (2) Slow Cooker (1) Soup (3)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Apple Muffins


I have a box of apples ripening on my counter so I made these the other day. My husband (who as a rule is not sentimental) says he remembers this was the first thing I ever baked for him.  Aww. I'll take what I can get.  No idea what the recipe is from - I will credit my mom and Grandma.  These are the perfect autumn treat when the fireplace is going and it hasn't stopped raining in three weeks.

They don't rise much so if I want regular-to-large-sized-muffins I will actually pour this entire recipe into half of a muffin tin. So if you want 12 large muffins, I would double it. And I put lots of apple because it's yummy.  They are satisfying, so consider it nearly a meal.

Mix dry ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or a bit more)
  • Fold in 1-2 cups (peeled) diced apple

Mix wet ingredients separately:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup veg oil
Mix wet ingredients briefly into dry until just mixed and pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, 24 minutes if making large ones. Test with a toothpick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment