Russets. With the peel. Baked. Best fries we have ever had. Thanks, Annie's Eats!
- Cut potatoes into fries, soak in very hot water for up to half an hour.
- Dry them off and dry out the bowl.
- Toss with a bit of olive oil and lots of salt and pepper.
- Spread into a baking sheet that has itself been coated with oil (use a pastry brush) and seasoned well with salt and paper.
- Bake on high (475 degrees F) for about 20 minutes, flip each fry over, bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. We like them well done as above so they are all crispy and crunchy.
- Dab oil off with paper towel if desired, and enjoy.